Tuesday 15 November 2011

progress up date

So today I only worked on my Christmas present quilt project to get it to one spot all the squares I need are to here, I was going to make each hanging with three squares one plain and two like this but I've changed it up . One square plain so I can embroider on it and then one like the one above.  

This is what I worked on mostly I had already gotten to this point the other day, so I had the top petticoat gathered. What took me so long today was the ruffle on the top petticoat I just did it the most time consuming way possible because I could I guess not sure why. 

This is me gathering the under petticoat, the reason I posted this image is to show a double gathered stitch and how much better it looks the when trying to do it with only a single row of stitching or like what happened to me just below 

one of the strings broke and you can see how much neater and easier it is to sew with two likes of gathering stitching 


this is the other reason it took me so long, I spent a lot of time doing math today to figure out if I had enough fabric for the under petticoat. I did not have enough of any one kind,, and even then I had to buy the pretty bottom print you see, which was pricey. But I was able to piece this together, the reason I didn't use any of my other fabric was because I didn't want it to become to heavy and cause discomfort as well as possibly misshaping the hoops. 


oh so pretty 

Stupid ruffles *glare*, oh high pretty expensive fabric on the underneath your so cute with that perfectly matching cotton lace :)


decided to go all out and embroider this up instead of the plain straight stitch 


top and bottom together, happy with my choice to make and use both, now you can't see the hoops at all and the skirt of the dress will sit much nicer i think. 



just chilling in my hoops and petticoats, couldn't help my self 


it's fun trying to stand up in this its like a suction cup

yep much to wide for this mirror lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment